At first glance, deciding whether your business would benefit from building custom software can be a tough decision. However, as you learn about the advantages of custom software, the choice becomes much easier. Listed below are some of the benefits that Radiature offers your business when you choose custom software.
1. The most important benefit of custom software is that it is tailor-made by our developers to your specifications and will fit your business’ needs exactly. It is common for businesses to purchase or license ‘off-the-shelf’ software only to discover that, while it fits many of the business needs, there are important aspects that just are not there. With custom software from Radiature, you will be guaranteed that the software mirrors your business’ requirements.
2. Custom software is generally more scalable than ‘off-the-shelf’ software packages. Radiature can maintain the software as your business changes, starting as small as your business requires and expand as it grows. With off-the-shelf software, you typically run into the issue of the software either being inexpensive to purchase but not suitable for a larger business or software being able to support business on a large scale but very expensive to license. Custom software from Radiature meets the needs of your company, allowing it to grow without being limited by your software.
3. Custom software is capable of integrating with the software packages that your business already uses. If your business does anything more that simple word processing, it is likely that you will find that multiple ‘off-the-shelf’ software packages just do not interact interact with each other. This can cause the need to perform that same tasks, like data entry, twice in different applications, leading to lost productivity and errors. Custom software development avoids this problem because Radiature can build it to integrate into your business systems seamlessly.
4. Custom software can be maintained by Radiature for as long as you require it to be. With ‘off-the-shelf’ software, your business is at the mercy of the software developer you are purchasing from. If they go out of business or decide to no longer support the application, your business will be put in the position of suddenly needing to change to maintained and supported software.
5. Custom software helps you save on hardware acquisition costs. Licensing ‘off-the-shelf’ software packages often means purchasing extra hardware to go with it in order to run it effectively. Radiature will tailor the program to both the vendor of your hardware and your hardware’s capabilities. Ultimately, this helps your business save money, as you may not need to purchase unnecessary additional hardware.
Custom software from Radiature can certainly be the right choice for your business. It offers a number of key benefits over licensing ‘off-the-shelf’ software; most notably in the areas of integration into your existing system, guaranteed support, and scalability. Unlike custom software, licensed software always carries the risk that it will not meet the needs of your business either now or in the future. Overall, custom software provides an excellent foundation to build upon for the continued success of your business.